Happy Wednesday everyone! I can’t believe it is already December 10th – I head home for Christmas in a week! Those of you who follow me on Instagram may know that I brought my doggie out to college with me after Thanksgiving. I talked my family into letting me take her for the three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas – and boy has it been fun!
She slept on my lap on the whole (4 hour!) plane ride and while it took a few days to get used to my apartment with all its new sounds and people – we have settled in quite nicely! I take her with me almost everywhere – to (some) classes, for walks all over campus, to visit my professors, to meetings on campus, downstairs to dinner with the Coop… she loves it. Go check out my photos on instagram – and follow me to see the rest of our adventure!
I finished my classes last week and am pretty excited to have NO FINALS or any papers due this week! I’m DONE! I had a crazy last week of class with 6 papers and a final but got through it and am pretty happy to have lots of free time! Of course, that means plenty of cooking and baking! One of the first things I made was this Spaghetti Squash with Thai Peanut Sauce from Leelalicious. I wanted an easy, healthy meal that I could take on the go with me last week and this was perfect!
This recipe makes double the sauce that you need for one spaghetti squash – but it is easier to make double, and save it than only use half a can of coconut milk and figure out what to do with that. I ended up saving the second half of the sauce and buying another spaghetti squash yesterday to finish off the sauce with!
And if you’ve never made spaghetti squash, you are in for a real treat 😀 After you roast it, run your fork through the flesh to make noodle-like strings. It’s a great, healthy alternative to pasta!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Olive Oil
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- ⅔ cups peanut butter
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- Prepare Spaghetti Squash: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Carefully halve the squash (top to bottom) and scoop out the seeds and guts. Drizzle inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for 30+ minutes, until flesh can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool. Run a fork through the flesh, scrapping the inside into "noodles." Place noodles in a bowl until ready to add to sauce.
- Combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, water, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and red curry paste in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for five minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, add the minced garlic, chopped parsley and ¼ cup of the peanut sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the squash, peanuts and ¾ cup more sauce, stirring to coat all of the squash. Continue cooking until heated through. Garnish with parsley and more peanuts.
- Store leftover sauce in a closed container in the refrigerator.