Chocolate and espresso beans together in a cookie… yes please! This was the sixth cookie recipe we tried during our Christmas cookie craziness and it was a new recipe for both of us – and we loved it!
Recipe from Fine Cooking
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tsp. unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1.5 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 tsp finely ground coffee beans, plus 28 whole beans
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
In a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Pulse several times to mix thoroughly. Cut the butter into about 12 chunks and add them to the bowl. Pulse several times. Combine the milk and vanilla in a small cup. With the processor running, add the milk mixture and continue to process until the dough clumps around the blade or the sides of the bowl. Add the coffee and chocolate and mix thoroughly.Transfer the dough to a large bowl or cutting board and knead with your hands a few times to make sure the dough is evenly blended.
Shape dough into a log about 14 inches long and 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and refridgerate until firm, one hour or overnight.