We had some leftover chicken from our BBQ this past weekend and so I scrolled through my pinterest boards to find something new and fun to do with it. I got the okay from Spencer to make these (big deal! haha!) and they turned out great! A quick and easy meal!
Makes 4 burritos
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
- 2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and repeat procedure with the remaining 2 burritos.